Monday, February 27, 2012

That Old Get Up and Go, Got Up and Went - Motivation Monday

"I don't know what happened to my get up and go. Have you seen it? It seems to have abandoned me right after Roots Tech. I've been trying to catch up and work on projects that needed my attention but I seem to be running on my reserves. I've let the blog slide and I've not worked on my web site or new biz brand at all. My clients are clammering about their jobs and I'm not giving the time to my presentations that they deserve." 


So started my e-mail to my friend Caroline. Being the good friend that she is, she pointed out that I don't have to do everything at once. That I should pick one project and chip away at it and in doing so my "goal Goddess" status would be returned to me. Then she cracked the whip and said, "get to it." 


It worked. I decided I would use this example as my Motivation Monday post. 


Sometimes it is the excitement of a new project that gets my energy up. Sometimes it is a looming deadline, and I trudge through the work and "get it done." But every once in a while you just need a pep talk from a friend who has been there and can be the extra person at your pity party. 


Thank you Caroline for being my inspiration. 


What gets your engine running? Do you have days where you just don't want to deal with the laundry, dishes, blog, work, kids, pets, deadlines, commitments and responsibilities? What do you do to get out of the ditch? What gets you back on track? Does a break (vacation, day off, etc.) make you lose your groove? Did you have trouble getting back into the swing of the day to day after SLIG/RootsTech? Let's compare notes.

1 comment:

  1. My approach is much the same as Caroline: pick something not too large or overwhelming and just do it. That usually gets me going. If a big job is divided up into a lot of smaller parts, it is not so intimidating.

    ReplyDelete